Sunday, August 15, 2010

14 years of Marriage today....




Yep, today! Hard to believe that 14yrs ago today me and my husband were married. We were married at the lake where we first met, under a Gazebo :) I didn't wear a fancy dress, I didn't even have a dress actually! I had on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, and so did he! I didn't have a bouquet of flowers either, just our love! His mom, brother, aunt, and cousin were there along with our oldest son Matthew who was 2 days shy of being a month old. Who would have known that when I walked up to Matt at that lake in March of 1995 that we would spend the rest of our lives together! Never before had I walked up to a boy and talked to him first, and at 14 I certaintly didn't know it was my destiny, but it was, it had already been written by the hand of God long before I was born :) So today I give thanks to God, and to my wonderful husband for the last 14 years of marriage.





I don't have any secrets of how to make marriage work, it is full of compassion, compromise, caring, forgiveness, understanding, love, even anger at times. But somehow it all seems to work out :) I can say that at times I look back our road was bumpy and at times it seemed as though we were on totally different roads, but in the end those roads merged back together and smoothed out along the way. I am sure there will be more times where there are bumps in our way, big or small, and we will get over those too. Just takes a little work, compromise, love and understanding!






We now have 5 wonderful children, and hope to have more ;) And I hope that we have another great 14+ yrs.






HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MATT! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!






No comments:

Post a Comment