Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I love this time of year!



I am not sure what it is about this time of year but I would be completely happy if it stayed like this year round! They have a movie on Disney channel on TV called Halloweentown, well I wish I could find Autumntown and move there LOL! I love the colors, the smells, the sights of the leaves changing just every thing! I mean who can resist a smile when you see the beauty of the changing colors on trees, and grinning jack o lanterns on front porches paired with jolly scare crows! Alot of people are re charged by Spring but not me, Fall is my time of year. It seems to really perk me up way more than any other time of year. I don't think it has much to do with the idea of the holidays that will follow, because well those are just stressful if you ask me.
I love to go walk around stores and look at the interesting pumpkins and gourds, all of the beautiful mums in their glorious colors, oh and lets not forget the lanes at stores that have all of the Fall tableware! Oh I could just live on that lane alone :) Just the other day I was out our local farm/builing supply store here in town, ughhhh we were buying shingles for the addition we are building, anyway back to happy thoughts! Ok well they had yellow mums for .99 each, yes thats all!!!! They were 6 in pots so it was a pretty good price....only problem is that I personally do not like the yellow ones because you have to constantly dead head them, otherwise they aren't so pretty, so I didn't get any of them. I did however think of a cute idea, which I *might* try this year. They have TONS and TONS of pumpkins for sale at the store here for only $1.99 ea and they are quite big! So I was looking at them wondering how I could use a few of them to decorate besides the typical carved pumpkin way. Well I thought about cutting the top off, digging out the insides and just plopping a potted mum inside of it! Now granted I am sure I am NOT the first person to think of this idea....I haven't seen it done, yet that is, so I might give it a try this year, maybe closer to Thanksgiving, or atleast after the price of mums go down some.
I have to get my little Emma up and ready for our day now, but I will post some Frugal Fall Decorating ideas in a bit. She has a doctors appt. today at 10am, so NO FUN at all because she has to get immunizations :(

No comments:

Post a Comment