Friday, July 3, 2009

Getting ready for the 4th of July!

The pillow in the picture above is super easy to make and I will be featuring how to make that one, plus other holiday pillow wraps very soon!


HAPPY 4TH of JULY! well ok not quite yet lol :)




Sorry I have been away this week... I have been getting ready for a few things I would like to share with you all. I am also happy to announce that my camera will be back home today! YAY!!!!!!




1- I am going to college starting this Fall and I had to take my placement test to find out what level classes I should start out in plus meet with the counselor and the financial aid person. I am VERY excited to be going back to school and nervous all at once! My first day of class will be August 24th so I still have a ways before I actually start school.




2- I found out back in May that I was expecting baby #5 but wanted to wait until I heard the heart beat and knew things were going well before I shared it with everyone. SO baby #5 will be making his or her arrival to our family in January. This will be our last baby as my body is just not able to handle being pregnant anymore, and this time will be pusing the envelope so to say.




3- July is a VERY activity busy month for us, we have 3 birthdays to celebrate, our BIG 4th of July plans and my husband always takes his vacation in July.


So coming up we have my mother in laws significant others birthday, not sure how old he will be, but its on July 8th. My 29th birthday is on July 10th, and my oldest son, Matthew, will be 13 on July 17th!




Now about our 4th of July Celebration! It's not big compared to some celebrations I have been to by any means! Me and the kids make decorations and I make TONS of patriotic themed foods :) This year I thought for a while about what drink to make that everyone would enjoy and here is my idea.




4th of July Blast Lemonade!




1 container of pre-sweetened lemonade drink mix or


20 lemons for juicing and sugar to sweeten


pre made red (strawberry is the best) and blue kool aid poured intostar shaped (or regular shaped) ice cube trays and frozen




The night before- make up your kool aid in red and blue. Pour it into the


Make your lemonade to your own preference, we all like it differently, and I actually do prefer all fresh squeezed! Make up your lemonade in your pitchers and get your ice cubes popped out of the trays (I leave mine in a bowl in the freezer until ready to serve)




To serve- Pour your lemonade into glasses (I use clear plastic glasses with red and blue stars all over them) Add in 2 red and 2 blue ice cubes and garnish however you would like. You can add a sprig of mint and a thin slice of lemon to the edge of the glass if you would like.




These drinks are SO festive looking, and well they taste great too!




I will be back tomorrow to add pictures of my 4th of July celebration meal!


We are having burgers, hot dogs, homemade potatoe salad, pasta salad, cole slaw, chips, baked beans, apple pie, cherry cheese cake, strawberry shortcakes and of course our 4th of July Blast drinks!


Later in the evening before we go to watch fireworks we will have a weine roast for the kids and make smores! YUM!!!!!!!!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment